FlexChecks Paperless Payroll Options
Paperless payroll is good for the environment and helps protect your employees from identity theft.
Did you know that eliminating the printing of paychecks benefits the environment? Every year, paper checks use over 674 million gallons of fuel and add 3.6 million tons of CO2 to the environment. Imagine the collective difference business could make if everyone used direct deposit and viewed their paystubs and W-2’s online!
It is estimated that the impact of just one company with 300 employees paying weekly switching to direct deposits, paycards, and online viewing of paystubs and W-2’s could:
- Save 240 pounds of paper per year.
- Avoid the release of 2318 gallons of waste water into the environment.
- Save 90 gallons of fuel
- Avoid the release of 700 pounds of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. This amount of greenhouse gasses is the equivalent to:
- 2462 miles not driven in your car
- 30 trees planted (and grown for 10 years)
- 300 square feet of forest preserved
In addition to the benefits on the environment, direct deposit and online paystubs are also safer! The biggest area of check fraud occurs with payroll checks that are illegally obtained – mostly through mailboxes. By utilizing direct deposit you can help your employees protect their identity.
How can your company switch to paperless payroll?
See the tabs below!